Blog post

October 2017 Blog Income Report and Update

This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my terms of use for more information.

October has been the most exciting month for me personally and for my blog, and there’s a lot to update my readers on!

We officially became debt free this month! We paid off $87,000 of student loans in 2.5 years and that ended at the beginning of October! Then we went on vacation to celebrate! It’s been surreal to be officially debt free. We are now excited to start saving more, and I will definitely be sharing our aggressive saving journey with you guys!

My business has also really grown this month! I’ve started to put time and a little bit of money into my blog, and it has paid off. In an earlier post, I talked about my dreams for the blog, and how I would like to see serious growth. This month has been a great start to that. My traffic has grown considerably, I have been contacted for appearances, and I have started earning real money from my blog! Here’s what has happened with my blog in October:

Blog Traffic Growth Update

My traffic has grown considerably on my blog this month! I really started putting effort into my blog starting mid-October and I grew my social media. Through posting consistently and following and engaging with key players in my field, my social media accounts have been doing well.

I have also now been posting more consistently. New posts get added to my blog every Wednesday (be sure to subscribe to receive posts directly!) and I’m now featuring guest posts on Mondays! I have also installed the Yoast plug-in on WordPress. This has helped me write posts with better readability and Search Engine Optimization techniques!

Between social media marketing and posting more consistently, I have seen my traffic grow considerably. I have now been averaging over 1,000 views a week (I know it’s not a ton but before that I had about 300), which has been a great growth update!

Income Report Update

This month I signed up for the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course and have learned a lot about how to make money with affiliate marketing! I now have a few affiliate partners and am looking to obtain more as time goes on. As I said earlier, I have officially made some money on my blog:

Erin Condren: $110 in store credit. I absolutely LOVE my Erin Condren planner. Sign up for an account with my referral code here and get $10 off your first purchase!

Amazon Affiliate: $7.85

Side Hustle Digital Marketing: $149.80

Total Extra Income: $267.65

I know it’s not much, but you’ll always have to start somewhere. And I’m excited to see where this will go with affiliate marketing as I gain more partners. Please know, I would never recommend a product or service to my readers that I don’t truly believe in myself!

How I Grew My Blog This Month

To big time bloggers out there, this growth update looks very small. And it is. I started this blog in May 2016 with no thought of ever making money. But now it’s become more than a hobby. This is something that I am excited about and want to see grow and thrive.

My blog grew this month because I actually started caring. Before, I was spending 90% of my blog time writing content. Little did I know that the content I was writing wasn’t well equipped with SEO, and it wasn’t well thought out.

But now, I spend about 20% of my time writing content and the other 80% building my business with social media, educating myself, and working on web development.

I have been scheduling posts weeks in advance, contacting guest authors, and updating the look of my site. In addition, I’ve been working on keeping a constant social media presence, and educating myself on affiliate marketing and additional web development.

I’m looking forward what’s next for my blog in the coming months. Thank you for following along with us in our financial and blogging journey and I’ll be sure to update you guys with coming news. 🙂

Follow me on social media!
Facebook: The Budgeting Wife

Instagram: @thebudgetingwife

Twitter: @BudgetingWife

This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my terms of use for more information.

Let me know in the comments below!

What were your wins in October?


Previous Post

Next Post


  • Anita Durley

    November 3, 2017 at 10:21 am

    If you ever buy a house remember to save each month to pay your property taxes which are always due November 15; or include them in your mortgage payments so they won’t be such a shock.

  • Stop Ironing Shirts

    November 6, 2017 at 2:48 am

    I am in awe of your site design, great work!

    Have you figured out how to schedule tweets in advance or are you doing them all in real-time? You’ve been very active and consistent with the posts/hashtags

    1. Marissa

      November 6, 2017 at 1:30 pm

      Thank you! I am using Hootsuite to schedule out all my tweets. It’s been super helpful in navigating social media.

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: